Founded in 1999 and based in San Mateo, California, SurveyMonkey is the world’s leading platform for turning people’s voices and opinions into actionable data — People Powered Data. Whether it’s with customers, employees, or a target market, SurveyMonkey helps curious individuals and companies — including 99% of the Fortune 500 — have conversations at scale with the people who matter most. It’s People Powered Data that allows them to understand not only “what” is happening, but “why.” SurveyMonkey’s 700+ employees throughout North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific are dedicated to powering the curious.
We’re looking for a Senior Art Director to lead a team that drives design strategy for SurveyMonkey’s digital experience. You bring customer centricity and a mastery of design and interaction to what you do. You are self-directed and able to work in a fast paced, high volume, deadline-driven environment. You bring passion, positive energy and enthusiasm to work every day.
As a designer:
- First and foremost, you’re a talented visual designer. You show a mastery of design principles and a passion for your craft.
- You embrace the SurveyMonkey visual identity, but know that every great brand must evolve. You lead the team to use our design elements in new and innovative ways.
- You design for the customer, not for the sake of trends. You understand when to use a bold and provocative approach and when a more simple, understated design is more effective.
As a manager
- You’re an inspiring leader and coach to your small, but mighty, team of visual and UX designers. You’re able to harness individual strengths and nurture the team to grow professionally and personally.
- You lead by example, showing your design skills in hands-on work and using these as teaching moments to help each member develop their skills.
As a leader
- You partner with the design director to create a dynamic design culture and fulfill the team’s vision and strategy
- You’re passionate in other areas of design and contribute to developing our brand in video, motion and product design
- You stay up-to-speed on emerging platforms and technologies and share your learnings with the team
As a partner
- You understand business strategies and are able to present your ideas with solid rationales
- You work collaboratively and effectively with other teams - content strategy, product marketing, user research, growth, and product design
- You have enough technical knowledge to establish strong and successful partnerships with engineering teams
- 7+ years experience in web and brand design in an agency or in-house design team
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates exceptional creative and problem-solving skills
- Experience in responsive web design, including mobile-first thinking
- Deep knowledge of design principles, best practices, and trends
- Interpret, translate and extend the SurveyMonkey brand to develop new experiences
- Expert level in design tools (Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Invision)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and able to present concepts eloquently
- Understand data-informed design
- BA/BS degree in Graphic Design, Visual Design or related field
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.