Founded in 1999 and based in San Mateo, California, SurveyMonkey is the world’s leading platform for turning people’s voices and opinions into actionable data — People Powered Data. Whether it’s with customers, employees, or a target market, SurveyMonkey helps curious individuals and companies — including 99% of the Fortune 500 — have conversations at scale with the people who matter most. It’s People Powered Data that allows them to understand not only “what” is happening, but “why.” SurveyMonkey’s 700+ employees throughout North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific are dedicated to powering the curious.
Our name: SurveyMonkey. It’s memorable. It’s recognized. It’s the world’s leading survey platform. And — let's not overlook the obvious — it has the word Monkey in it. Our brand is 20 million people strong thanks to savvy marketers who know how to connect with all kinds of audiences. From online and product marketers to communications gurus, our marketing team champions our customers to build brand awareness, launch new products, and keep the business humming. Jazzed? We are too — drop us a line and pitch us your personal value prop!
SurveyMonkey is seeking a highly motivated, growth focused and data-driven paid marketing manager to help drive our user acquisition efforts for SurveyMonkey’s products. This individual will play a key role in the development, implementation, and optimization of various online marketing initiatives including SEM, display, mobile, and paid social media marketing programs.
This is a critical role that is integral to the marketing and product organizations, and requires working with team members across the organization. In this role you must be able to handle several different tasks concurrently. This will include working closely with advertising vendors, agency partners, and cross-functional teams to coordinate resources, amplify product efforts, and align strategy with business objectives.
We are looking for someone who is highly growth-oriented and analytical to effectively measure and manage the campaigns and who will relentlessly seek to test, improve, and optimize the programs. The ideal candidate will have solid communication skills and the capability to effectively report on strategy, tactics, and performance.
- Develop and manage paid marketing campaigns to acquire traffic and optimize direct response campaigns to grow SurveyMonkey customer user base.
- Manage the day-to-day execution, optimization and reporting of online marketing campaigns.
- Evaluate, recommend, and test new marketing channels including assessing potential traffic sources, negotiating pricing/terms, and launching campaigns.
- Build relationships with advertising vendors and agency partners. Manage agency partners including search agency, display agency, and social media agency.
- Continually optimize marketing performance by deriving insights from campaign data and recommending actionable improvements.
- Work with business stakeholders to build and execute on strategies across multiple business units and targeted to different market segments (healthcare, human resources, education, etc.).
- Collaborate with the cross-functional teams to develop ad copy, display, creative, content, and landing page designs that correctly communicate our product positioning and optimize conversion via continuous testing.
- Work with product, engineering, email marketing, and SEO teams to complement efforts and improve the customer lifecycle and performance of marketing investments.
- Work with internationalization and localization teams to build relevant experiences for users across multiple non-English languages.
- Support demand generation team to profitably drive marketing- and sales-qualified leads through paid marketing campaigns.
- Provide consistent weekly reporting detailing campaign performance and the overall customer acquisition metrics.
- Work with database and analytics teams to correctly populate and maintain performance dashboards, and perform ad-hoc analyses with SQL database tools (preferred).
- Closely manage budget and spend with finance, procurement, and accounting teams.
- BA/BS degree from top tier university
- Minimum of 5+ years of success managing direct response-focused online marketing programs in areas such as SEM, display, and social media advertising. Experience with demand gen for enterprise B2B software products a plus.
- Proven track record of successfully launching and managing PPC/online marketing campaigns cost effectively with clear ROI focused metrics. Experience buying CPM, CPC, and CPA online media.
- Solid understanding of web analytics, ad tracking, a/b testing, tag management and content management.
- Experience in international SEM, mobile acquisition strategy, and integrated campaign development is a plus.
- A team player and self-starter that is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, taking initiative with limited resources, and making data driven and decisions.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work with and manage external vendor/partner relationships including negotiating contracts and terms.
- Comfortable managing multiple assignments with competing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Technical aptitude and ability to learn complex concepts relating to product and engineering initiatives.
- Record of launching integrated marketing campaigns in conjunction with various stakeholders.
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.