Founded in 1999 and based in San Mateo, California, SurveyMonkey is the world’s leading platform for turning people’s voices and opinions into actionable data — People Powered Data. Whether it’s with customers, employees, or a target market, SurveyMonkey helps curious individuals and companies — including 99% of the Fortune 500 — have conversations at scale with the people who matter most. It’s People Powered Data that allows them to understand not only “what” is happening, but “why.” SurveyMonkey’s 700+ employees throughout North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific are dedicated to powering the curious.
Sales Compensation Specialist
We’re looking for a Sales Compensation Specialist to help us manage the day-to-day operations of our Sales Compensation program for a fast-paced, high-growth global sales organization.
- Create and distribute Sales Compensation plans to all sales employees.
- Coordinate with Sales Operations to ensure sales bookings data is reported accurately and timely each month.
- Using a Sales Compensation tool and/or spreadsheets, calculate monthly commission payments for sales employees based on Sales Compensation plan provisions.
- Prepare and send monthly commission statements, ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Calculate the monthly commission accrual, including variance analysis to actual payouts.
- Work with Sales Operations to resolve any Sales Compensation-related questions or issues.
- Hold training sessions for new sales employees on Sales Compensation program details, to ensure successful onboarding.
- Analyze sales performance results and present recommendations to Sales, HR and Finance.
- Help identify improvements / enhancements to the Sales Compensation plans, policies and processes.
- Participate in the development, implementation and communication of the new Sales Compensation program each fiscal year.
The ideal candidate would be a self-starter who can learn quickly and become an expert on our Sales Compensation tool and processes. They would be skilled at building strong working relationships with other cross functional teams.
- 4 – 5 years’ experience in sales compensation required
- Excellent communication, customer service and problem-solving skills
- Need to exercise discretion in dealing with compensation-related issues
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where adaptability is critical
- Significant experience working with a Sales Compensation Tool and/or Excel
- Bachelor’s degree required
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays and parental leave, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.